I heard about LA Lash from friends who were raving about their eyelash extensions. I’m telling you, word-of-mouth is still the best and most powerful way to spread the word and get others to try something new.
So when I decided I wanted to get some for myself (after seeing my friends’ beautiful eyelashes and being so jealous!) I knew that I had to try out LA Lash. After meeting Kailee Padilla, the founder of LA Lash, and getting some beautiful eyelash extensions just before my wedding trip, I knew that I wanted to feature her so that you can also get to know her and her story.
￼￼Tell us about yourself in a tweet.
An island girl living in a big city, seeking life’s beauty with every opportunity and adventure that comes my way. Spiritual gangsta spreading love and light
￼￼Where are you from?
Kailua, Oahu, Hawaii
￼￼What brought you to LA?
College and a new beginning
￼￼What’s your favorite thing about LA?
Variety of different things to do (beach & snow all in one day!)
￼￼What has been your favorite LA experience?
Driving down the PCH in my convertible cruising the coast
￼￼What inspired you to create LA Lash?
Providing women with jobs and a healthy & fun work environment, to create a sacred space of beauty for all women. To produce quality services the surpass competition and provide women with the healthiest and safest technique of lashing possible
￼￼What is your advice to women who are scared or resistant to getting eyelash extensions?
Look at the pictures! Look for style and shape, a true lash artist will define the eye and create a personalized look for each client. Make sure you get single lash extensions and make sure the weight and length of lash fits your lifestyle and natural health of the lash. Make sure you get the correct after care instructions and stick with it.
What is your definition of true beauty?
True beauty is feeling comfortable in your own skin.
I didn’t know a lot about eyelash extensions, so I’d like to tell you a little more about them. A lot of this information can be found on their website or asking the lash technicians, but I wanted to go ahead and list them here for those who are curious about getting them. Here’s what you need to know about eyelash extensions
- No it doesn’t hurt.
- It takes about 90 minutes for a full set so if it’s your first time, plan on being there with your eyes closed. Yes, it’s a great time to take a nap.
- It takes a long time because they will glue the extension to each of your natural eyelashes.
- You shouldn’t get them wet within 24 hours of application, so you’ll have to plan showers accordingly or just be very careful.
- The extensions lasts ideally anywhere from 2-3 weeks depending on the upkeep and personal habits. I found that might would fall off because I was putting my face in the water in the shower, which is a no-no. Also it’s best to refrain from using any oil-based products because that will make them fall off.
- You can still wear mascara with your eyelash extensions, just make sure they are not waterproof. It’s also best to use some that are made to be used with extensions.
- If your eyes are sensitive, they have a special type of glue that they use for sensitive eyes.
- The lashes are made of silk and are 100% vegan.
If you’re ready to get eyelash extensions at LA Lash from Kailee or one of her other amazing lash technicians, go to lalash.net.